2017.4 Newsletter Haiti kkot > 꽃동네 뉴스 게시판 (News)

본문 바로가기

사이트 내 전체검색

꽃동네 뉴스 게시판 (News)

2017.4 Newsletter Haiti kkot

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 마지아
댓글 0건 조회 34,511회 작성일 18-03-03 19:29

본문

Kkottongnae Haiti Newsletter – April 2017

1. Easter Mass

On April 15, 2017, every resident of Kkottongnae have attended the Easter Vigil service. We have walked the “Way of the Cross” during lent and followed the rituals of the Holy week in preparation of the resurrection of Jesus.

2. Baptism and the First Communion

With the arrival of Easter, 20 residents of Kkottongnae have been baptized and became the children of God. Despite their painful experience of abandonment and hardship in the past, they have found the forgiving God in their heart and rejoined the life of faith.

3. Volunteers

During the month of April, we have welcomed Mr. Michael Han-Shik Lee and Mrs. Michelle Lee who have treated the elders suffering from various pain. We also enjoyed the presence of Mrs. Maria Young-Sook Han and her son, Mr. Sang-Hui Han from Georgia, USA. Thank you all for your generosity.

4. Orientation for Nursing students

We receive nursing students in our village every month. They learn methods to approach disabled residents, not only through medical techniques but, foremost, by teaching them to practice empathy and love. Also, through the workshops of disability simulation, spirituality, and medical lessons, the students learn the sense of social aid and love.

5. New Family members

Here are our new family members!

6. Construction of a Chapel

We are currently constructing a chapel. Please remember us in your prayer so that the church will please the Lord.

Letter from Fr. Byung-Sup Park

Pax Dei Vobiscum,

Sa Rang Hab Ni Da (translates to “I love you” in Korean).
Happy Easter! May the joy of the resurrection of Jesus be with every member of Kkottongnae Haiti.

Jesus has died in the cross, purified our sins with His blood before finally resurrecting in glory. It is the passion of the Christ that leads us to his glorious resurrection. He beared the cross of pain, despair, abandonment, and betrayal from the loved ones to show and teach us love and forgiveness.

Easter has also arrived in Kkottongnae Haiti where I had the chance to celebrate amongst the poorest of the poor. Every resident of Kkottongnae have survived through a painful past of abandonment marked by either physical or psychological trauma. They have been too poor to treat their health and eventually have been abandoned by their loved ones. However, they get a second chance at being loved when they walk into Kkottongnae and receive a warm and sincere welcome from the members of our community.

We help them heal from physical injuries through medical care and we treat their mental and emotional health through holistic approach in taking care of one’s body and mind. We pray to God to be able to share the painful suffering of these people. The residents of the village may not fully understand us through words but I am certain the message of our genuine intention will be delivered through any barriers.

The suffering of body and mind will be healed when these residents sacrifice their time to share love with people who are less fortunate than themselves. In my opinion, complete forgiveness leads to the healing of the soul. The true meaning of resurrection is the transformation of life from the state of pain, abandonment and despair towards forgiveness and love.

I am very grateful and fortunate to be here, amongst the poorest of the poor.

Sa Rang Hab Ni Da.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

아이티 꽃동네 (Haiti_Kkottongnae)

’꽃동네’는 사랑의 결핍 때문에 가정과 사회로부터 버림받아 길가에서 다리 밑에서 아무 말 없이 죽어가는 ’의지할 곳 없고 얻어먹을 수 있는 힘조차 없는’ 분들을 따뜻이 맞아들여 먹여주고 입혀주고 치료해주며, 하느님의 사랑을 알고 살다가 돌아가시면 장례해드리는 데까지 보살펴드리는 사랑과 구원의 공동체입니다.

• 509-3442-9220
  • Rte Nationale #3, Beudet-Meyer, Croix des Bouquets, Haiti
Copyright © haitikkot.org All rights reserved.