사이트 내 전체검색

꽃동네 뉴스 게시판 (News)

2017.5 소식지

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 마지아
댓글 0건 조회 26,196회 작성일 17-09-12 05:33

본문

To become a true Haitian…                    Eun-hee Lee Simon, Sisters of Kkottongnae of Jesus (?)

When I came back to Haiti, I was kept being asked if I’m bearing enough fruits. As a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies to produce much fruit, I asked myself a question “as a grain of wheat which fell to the ground of Haiti community, have you died yet?” I’ve spent almost 5 years in Haiti. As the life and death mean different to everyone, 5-years is a long enough period of time for me to spend and I only gained the answer “I’m not yet confident.” In other words, I’m not dead or even rotten. For that reason, maybe I was granted with another journey of life in Haiti.

Love begins with interest and is delivered through the true heart

A volunteer visited us recently. She was a Korean who is particularly interested in African community and culture. For her, Haitians were mere friends. Even though she couldn’t talk in Haitian, her sincere love was spread through all the family members of Haiti Kkottongnae. She interacted with everyone with her true heart and they didn’t want her to leave after 15 days.

As I’m looking back, I regret the times when I tried to avoid sharing my love and interest because of the fear of foreign language.

A grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies to produce much fruit

Recently I had a chance to dine at a local restaurant with another sister and a volunteer. A Haitian man called us ‘Ching Cheng Chong, Sin Hwa’ which means ‘Chinese’, and the other sister asked him in Haitian “Why do you call us Chinese instead of Haitian when we’re eating Haitian food and speak in Haitian in Haiti?” The man couldn’t answer back. When I heard the sister telling him that we’re Haitian, it touched deeply my heart. What state of mind am I living in?

As the grains of wheat which fell to the ground of Haiti, are we dying? Like the grains of wheat dying to become nourishment to bear fruits, are we trying to truly listen, understand and become Haitian people?

Treasures found in Haiti

By chance, we’ve discovered to know a place where people can feel the Haitian spirit of art. The place was full of bronze artifacts and handmade artworks created with extra care, delicate finish and mysterious colors. We looked through the place with great surprise and thought it might be the hope of Haiti, as they could export the artworks to America. We purchased some of the small works to decorate the common room and baby room in Kkottongnae.

It was sad that visitors could see the poor environments of Haiti covered in the trash first, but I feel grateful that there are better things to share such as those artworks made by the gifts of God. Wouldn’t the fact that I feel grateful and proud of Haiti and Haitian culture be the proof that I’m becoming a true Haitian
 ?

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

아이티 꽃동네 (Haiti_Kkottongnae)

’꽃동네’는 사랑의 결핍 때문에 가정과 사회로부터 버림받아 길가에서 다리 밑에서 아무 말 없이 죽어가는 ’의지할 곳 없고 얻어먹을 수 있는 힘조차 없는’ 분들을 따뜻이 맞아들여 먹여주고 입혀주고 치료해주며, 하느님의 사랑을 알고 살다가 돌아가시면 장례해드리는 데까지 보살펴드리는 사랑과 구원의 공동체입니다.

• 509-3442-9220
  • Rte Nationale #3, Beudet-Meyer, Croix des Bouquets, Haiti
Copyright © haitikkot.org All rights reserved.