사이트 내 전체검색

테마가 있는 하루

Jesus in the mountain village - Kim Jinhee

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 마지아
댓글 0건 조회 7,750회 작성일 18-12-31 04:09

본문

산골 마을의 예수님_English   There are small villages on top of the mountains in Croix des Bouquets, where Kkottongnae is located. We are going to climb up to the villages today. So we each pack five bags of Mannapack rice, lots of candies and pens, water bottle and frozen juice into our backpacks. My backpack pulled heavily on my shoulders. Fr. Thaddeus dropped us at the trail entrance that led to the mountain village. As I paused to take in the view that spread out before us, I couldn’t help but notice the bare white spots that spilled down the front of each mountain like a patchy landslide. Br. John explained that the bare patches were caused by local villagers digging into the sides of the mountains in order to gather the white sand which they would haul away and later sell.   We began our climb up the rocky mountain road at around 9 o’clock in the morning. The sun was already getting hot with no shade at all to block the heat. Sr. James wore thin-soled shoes that kept slipping on small rocks. Cactuses and small bushes with long sharp thorns lined the side of the road. We periodically sat down to drink ice cold juice, which Sr. James had frozen overnight. After a few hours of climbing, we arrived at the entrance of the first village and decided to have lunch there before we visiting mountain people. We found a spot with some cool shade and sat together in a circle. While I sat resting my tired legs, I watched Sr. James and Br. John unpack the food for lunch. Sr. James took cooked rice, kimchi, utensils and bowls out of her backpack. And Br. John took a big size bottle of water, portable gas and burner from his backpack and began to prepare the ramyeon noodles. I felt sorry that they had to carry our lunch, as well as the Mannapack, candies, and pens too.   While sitting and slurping my ramyeon, I thought about Br. John’s ripped shoe. He takes on many of the most difficult tasks at Kkottongnae. While pedaling his bike here and there all day long in order to repair this and that, the side his shoe had ripped and left a sizeable hole. And now he was climbing the mountain with that same torn shoe. I turned my gaze down toward the city of Haiti, spreading wide at the base of the mountain. It looked oddly peaceful. In that moment, I was oblivious to the gun shootings, the violent crimes, the handicapped children abandoned and left to die on some roads in the city. At that moment, in my mind, it was a peaceful place inhabited by people who were made in God’s image, people just living their lives.    When lunch was over, we cleaned up and walked into the village. As we did, we handed out candies and pens to the children, and Mannapack to the mothers who were gathering here and there. Once we distributed the contents of a backpack, we walked toward the next village and did the same there. And so on. Until all of the supplies were gone. Along the way, many children followed us until they started getting too far from their homes. The candies and pens we handed out, made them smile happily, smiles that were infectious and in turn made me smile too. Br. John said the village children learn to carry water from the time that they begin to walk. They take their water bottles to the water tank and fill it with water to drink and cook with. As we walked from village to village, I met some of these children carrying their bottles. When I put a candy in their little hands, they stared at me, not knowing what to do and wondering if they should be scared of me, a stranger. So I unwrapped the candy and put it in their mouths. When I did, they finally flashed a wide white grin. At one home I visited by myself, I was suddenly faced with a mean-looking dog in the middle of a dirt yard. The dog was not on a leash and it growled and barked, and finally ran at me. I screamed, and a man who was sleeping in the yard sprung to his feet and grabbed the dog. I dropped a bag of Mannapack and some candies on their porch and ran down the hill without saying a thing.    In one village, children formed a long line, following behind Br. John. He looked like the captain of a ship with his little sailors marching along behind him. As he walking, he shouted “Glory to Jesus!” in Korean, and then the children repeated it. They did not understand what it meant, but it looked like they were having a lot of fun chanting with Br. John. At one point on the path, we met a boy whose face was wrapped with a thin piece of cloth that went under his chin and up both cheeks to the top of his head. The cloth was tied at the top so it wouldn’t fall off. Br. John lifted the cloth on the boy’s left cheek and saw a piece of leaf beneath it, a traditional remedy used for a pain. The boy’s cheek was swollen like it was infected. His eyes, too, were swollen and his face was stained with tears. Then Br. John spoke sadly. He said they usually bring medication with them for situations like this, but he had forgotten today. He stroked the boy’s head softly and prayed over him. When our backpacks were empty, we began our descent down the mountain. The children stopped following us as we got farther away from their villages. At one point, I slipped and fell and tore a hole in the knee of my pants.   We walked for some hours before finally arriving at the big tree where Fr. Thaddeus had come with the truck to meet us. Small goats gnawed at the grass of the field. And calm quiet breeze passed through our silence. Br. John sat alone in a distance from us, waiting. His legs were crossed and he look as if he was in deep meditation. But then we saw his body sway from side-to-side and realized that he was actually napping instead. Sr. James and I laughed quietly to ourselves.      Back at Kkottongnae, I spent the rest of the day walking around in the village with my little friends. And I talked to Sr. Matthias about the suffering boy we had met on the road. She said that she knew someone from the village, and she would see if they could help the boy. I realized that there are many children living high in the mountains who do not have access to even the most basic medicine. They go to school in the village, run around and play together, when they are not carrying their bottles to get water. And the Kkottongnae congregation climbs the mountain to meet them. And to carry rice and medicine to them.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Total 45건 1 페이지
테마가 있는 하루 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 조회 날짜
45 최고관리자 1116 01-02
44 최고관리자 1314 10-19
43 최고관리자 1516 09-09
42 최고관리자 1696 06-19
41 최고관리자 1788 04-29
40 최고관리자 1730 04-21
39 최고관리자 1774 04-21
38 최고관리자 1810 04-20
37 최고관리자 1800 04-20
36 최고관리자 3671 03-21
35 최고관리자 3667 03-20
34 마지아 3668 03-04
33 마지아 3729 01-16
32 마지아 3581 01-13
31 최고관리자 3759 01-07
30 마지아 3837 09-20
29 Admin 8485 04-28
28 마지아 15570 12-31
27 마지아 12219 12-19
26 마지아 13440 10-08
25 Admin 8061 02-22
24 마지아 8356 02-22
23 Admin 11205 01-10
22 Admin 11075 01-10
21 Admin 10523 01-10
20 Admin 10697 01-10
19 Admin 9758 01-10
18 Admin 8729 01-10
17 마지아 8703 12-31
16 마지아 8550 12-31

검색

아이티 꽃동네 (Haiti_Kkottongnae)

’꽃동네’는 사랑의 결핍 때문에 가정과 사회로부터 버림받아 길가에서 다리 밑에서 아무 말 없이 죽어가는 ’의지할 곳 없고 얻어먹을 수 있는 힘조차 없는’ 분들을 따뜻이 맞아들여 먹여주고 입혀주고 치료해주며, 하느님의 사랑을 알고 살다가 돌아가시면 장례해드리는 데까지 보살펴드리는 사랑과 구원의 공동체입니다.

• 509-3442-9220
  • Rte Nationale #3, Beudet-Meyer, Croix des Bouquets, Haiti
Copyright © haitikkot.org All rights reserved.