사이트 내 전체검색

테마가 있는 하루

길 위에서 돌아가신 예수님 Dying Jesus on the road

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Admin
댓글 0건 조회 11,254회 작성일 19-01-10 06:09

본문

공동 묘지를 떠나 다시 꽃동네로 돌아가는 길이었다. 얽힌 차들로 복잡한 도로 오른편에 많은 사람들이 무리를 지어 서 있었다. “누가 다쳤나 보네요. 아마도 교통사고로 죽었을 거예요.” 아이티 도로 위에서 벌어지는 흔한 풍경에 신부님은 미처 보지 않고도 어떤 일이 일어났는지 알 수 있었다. 차를 세울 곳도 없이 사람과 차들이 얽힌 사이에서 그 사람들의 무리를 천천히 지나가는데 한 남자가 길 위에 엎드려 있었다. 남자는 생명의 징후가 없어 보였다. 차가 사람들을 지나며 그 모습이 시야를 벗어나기 직전 나는 그가 숨을 쉬며 그의 등이 올라가는 것을 보았다. “숨을 쉬어요. 아직 살아 있어요!” 신부님은 즉시 차를 길가에 세웠고, 우리는 그를 향해 뛰어 갔다. 사람들을 헤치며 들어가 보니 그는 젊은 남자 였다. 이십대로 보이는 그는 많은 피를 흘리며 간간히 깊은 숨을 들이 쉬고 있었다. 많은 암환자들의 임종을 지켜보며 익숙해진 사망직전 호흡이었다. 머리에 눈으로 보이는 외상은 없으나 입에서 많은 양의 끈적 끈적한 피가 쏟아졌고, 오른쪽 다리는 골절로 뼈 조각들이 피부를 뚫고 나와 있었다. 어디서부터 손을 써야 될지 모르는 사이, 신부님은 경찰과 응급구조대를 알아보며 전화를 걸기 시작하셨다. 신부님이 사람들에게 그를 옮길 천을 가져 오라고 하니 누군가 하얀색 얇은 시트를 가져와 나에게 던져 주었다. 이대로 길위에 두면 그를 둘러싼 누군가가 다치거나, 그가 다시 차에 치일 것만 같았다. 우리는 시트를 그의 옆에 두고, 그를 뒤집어 시트 위에 올린 후 차도를 벗어난 골목 담벼락으로 옮겼다. 머리를 옆으로 돌려 피가 기도를 막지 않도록 하고 사이렌 소리가 오기를 기다렸다. 하지만 경찰이나 구조대는 끝내 오지 않았다. 이것 또한 아이티의 흔한 사정이라고 했다. 사람이 죽고, 그를 구경하고, 관심 밖으로 벗어난 시체는 길가에서 돼지의 먹이가 되기도 하는 곳. 하느님의 모상인 우리의 죽음이 그렇게 전시되기도 한다. 그가 죽어가는데 사람들은 그와 우리를 둘러싸고 구경하기에 여념이 없어 우리와 사람들 사이의 간격은 더욱 좁아지고 있었다. 화가 난 나는 그들에게 뒤로 물러서라고 소리치며  그들을 밀쳐 댔다. 그 사이 그의 남자 형제인 가족이 도착했고, 신부님이 전화를 마치고 돌아와 우리가 병원으로 옮겨야겠다고 하셨다. 그를 트럭으로 옮기는데 피에 흥건히 젖은 시트가 찢어져 그의 머리가 찢어진 틈으로 힘없이 툭 떨어졌다. 우리는 시트를 다시 고쳐 잡고 그를 트럭 뒤에 태웠다. 마침 전화를 받고 즉시 출발한 원장 수녀님이 도착해 우리는 트럭과 차에 나눠 타고 병원으로 달렸다. 트럭 뒤에 앉아,수녀님이 가져오신 붕대로 일단 그의 부러진 다리를 감아 고정을 했다. 그는 곧 죽을 것이다. 우리가 도착했을 때 부터 그랬다. 그렇지만 우리는 그를 위해 아직 할 수 있는 것이 있다면 그를 위해 해야 했다. 가슴에 손을 얹고 기도하던 베드로 형제님이 “대세요, 대세를 줘야죠!”라고 다급하게 말했다. 다음달 수도회에 입회하는 형제님은 그의 영혼을 먼저 생각했다. 텀블러에 넣어 온 물이 생각나 원장수녀님께 말씀 드렸고, 그 물로 그 남자는 대세를 받았다. 요셉. 그의 이름이었다. 요셉은 대세를 받고 5분 뒤 더 이상 숨을 쉬지 않았다. 우리가 병원에 도착했을때는 이미 사망한 후 였다. 사망선고 등 법적 절차를 위해 의료팀에게 그를 인계한 뒤 우리는 병원 밖으로 나섰다. 우리의 손에는 요셉의 피가 묻어 있었고, 가슴에는 젊은 남자의 갑작스런 죽음에 안타까움과 슬픔이 들어 차고 있었다. 죽음은 갑작스럽게 나타나 누군가의 삶을 가져 가기도 한다. 길 위에서 죽어간 요셉도 그렇게 삶에서 떠났다. 아프고, 다치고, 버려지고, 죽어가는 이들을 위해 즉시 달려가 그들을 예수님처럼 돌보는 아이티의 수도자들. 그들은 매일 가난하고 아픈 사람들을  예수님처럼 돌보기 위해 스스로 예수님을 닮아가고, 그들을 사랑하기 위해 스스로 사랑이 되어 가는 사람들이다.   We were returning from the cemetery when we saw a crowd of people gathered at the side of the road. Trucks, cars, and motor cycles slowed, causing traffic to scarcely trickle by the chaotic scene. Fr. Thaddaeus knew immediately that there had been an accident. From a short distance away, we could see a broken and twisted motorcycle lying just beyond the crowd. It looked bad. “They’ve probably already passed away,” said Fr. Thaddeus quietly. As we passed them by the commotion, I saw a man lying on his stomach, showing no apparent signs of life. Then then I saw his back rise slightly—almost imperceptibly, but definitely rising and falling.      “He is breathing!” I yelled. “He is still alive!” Father Thaddaeus abruptly pulled the truck to the side of the road, and we quickly got out and ran to the man. He was young, probably in twenties. Thick blood puddled around his head and leg. The left leg was broken into pieces and a fragment of bone stuck out through his calf. He was unconscious, but breathing heavily and slowly. We had nothing with us that we could use to help him—no bandages, no medical equipment.  And he was clearly dying. I stood there next to him, frantically trying to figure out how I could help him. Father Thaddaeus called for someone to bring a cloth. Then he called the police and the EMT. Moments later, an observer returned with a thin white sheet and tossed it to me. We opened the sheet and, laying it next to him, rolled the young man onto it. Then we carried him off the road and into a small alleyway. There I turned his head to one side to keep his airway open, and I waited for the sound of a siren, an ambulance coming to save his life. But the sound never came, and neither the police nor the EMT responded to our calls. Unfortunately, this was no surprise and an all-too-common occurrence in Haiti. Someone dies on the road and people simply watch it happen, standing there doing nothing to help. When the dying person’s life finally ends, his body is left on display, lying on the road. He will soon be forgotten by all and will likely end up as food for pigs on the road. God mad us in His image. And I do not believe He would want this to be the final image of a person’s life. While the young man lay there dying, the surrounding crowd crept closer and closer. I felt terribly upset that they now looked upon this sorrowful scene as if they were watching an impressive show of fireworks. So I began to push the onlookers back, yelling, “Step back, you people! Give us some space.” Then a man from the crowd talked to me in English. “His brother’s here.” Fr. Thaddaeus told the man that we would transport his injured brother to the hospital ourselves. So we again gripped the sheet corners to carry him to the back of the truck. As we did, the sheet, soaking by blood, ripped and the young man’s head dropped through the hole. We placed his head back on the sheet and grabbed it more tightly. Almost at the same time we got the young man into the truck, Sr. Matthias arrived with some gloves and bandages. She had left immediately after receiving the call from Fr. Thaddaeus. As the truck began to move, I wrapped the injured man’s broken leg with bandages. I knew that it would do nothing. It would not stop him from dying. I knew he was going to die soon. But we had to do what we could for him while he was still alive. Brother Peter prayed for him with his hand on the man’s chest. Then he said urgently “Baptism! We have to give him an emergency baptism before he dies!” But there was no time—we could not stop the truck for even a moment. So Sr. Matthias poured water onto his forehead right there in the back of the truck and baptized the young man. He received a new name ‘Joseph’. Joseph stopped breathing about five minutes after receiving the sacrament. By the time we arrived at the hospital, his heart had stopped pumping blood to his body. We left Joseph and his brother with the medical staff in the hospital. His blood was on our hands, and a heavy sorrow began to fill our hearts. Sometimes death bursts into our lives without warning and takes everything away. Just as it took Joseph’s life away on that busy road in Haiti. The Kkottongnae missionaries always run to those people who are dying alone, living on the street, abandoned by their families or communities. The missionaries respond to their voices as if responding to the call of Jesus. They are becoming love so they can give more love to those who are in need.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Total 45건 1 페이지
테마가 있는 하루 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 조회 날짜
45 최고관리자 1222 01-02
44 최고관리자 1406 10-19
43 최고관리자 1593 09-09
42 최고관리자 1778 06-19
41 최고관리자 1868 04-29
40 최고관리자 1817 04-21
39 최고관리자 1859 04-21
38 최고관리자 1888 04-20
37 최고관리자 1882 04-20
36 최고관리자 3767 03-21
35 최고관리자 3771 03-20
34 마지아 3773 03-04
33 마지아 3782 01-16
32 마지아 3636 01-13
31 최고관리자 3817 01-07
30 마지아 3885 09-20
29 Admin 8529 04-28
28 마지아 15653 12-31
27 마지아 12266 12-19
26 마지아 13502 10-08
25 Admin 8113 02-22
24 마지아 8439 02-22
열람중 Admin 11255 01-10
22 Admin 11124 01-10
21 Admin 10561 01-10
20 Admin 10755 01-10
19 Admin 9805 01-10
18 Admin 8777 01-10
17 마지아 8748 12-31
16 마지아 8597 12-31

검색

아이티 꽃동네 (Haiti_Kkottongnae)

’꽃동네’는 사랑의 결핍 때문에 가정과 사회로부터 버림받아 길가에서 다리 밑에서 아무 말 없이 죽어가는 ’의지할 곳 없고 얻어먹을 수 있는 힘조차 없는’ 분들을 따뜻이 맞아들여 먹여주고 입혀주고 치료해주며, 하느님의 사랑을 알고 살다가 돌아가시면 장례해드리는 데까지 보살펴드리는 사랑과 구원의 공동체입니다.

• 509-3442-9220
  • Rte Nationale #3, Beudet-Meyer, Croix des Bouquets, Haiti
Copyright © haitikkot.org All rights reserved.